There are loads of fun things that you can do as a Scout. You will get a chance to try lots of different activities like swimming, cooking, camping, computing and hiking. If you do them properly you will get a badge which you can wear on your uniform.
Scouts also get to go on trips to places like museums, theme parks or activity centres. Sometimes you will be able to go camping with the rest of your troupe. This will mean you sleeping in a tents or hammocks and doing loads of outdoor activities.
1st Bradford Abbas Scouts meet at the School hall on Mondays from 7:00pm – 8:30pm in Winters, and 7:oopm to 9:00pm in the Summers.
The Troupe Uniform consists of:
- Dark Green shirt
- Navy Blue activity trousers
- A Burgundy and Grey neckerchief with woggle
You can see a full breakdown of the Scout uniform by clicking here.
We would be grateful if any payments, whether they be by cash or cheque, are placed in a sealed envelope with details of what the payment is for, and who it is from, on the front of the envelope.
Subs are collected each term, and are currently at £22 per term. This money covers:-
- Annual fees to District, County and National bodies for insurance and leader training. Unfortunately, the group don’t get to see a penny of this money.
- A small amount of the subs are kept by the group to cover running costs such as electric and water bills and the purchasing of equipment.
- Equipment needed for Troupe meetings.
The Scout Promise
On my honour,
I promise that I will do my best
Do my duty to God and the Queen
To help other people
And to keep the scout law.
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others
The Scout Motto